1. Picture Day! Tuesday, October 6. It’s kind of simple at MECC… we take a photo of each child and a photo of each classroom. The photos are available for you to order about 2-3 weeks after the fact, when they come in your file folder. The background is blue… and your children will be beautiful!
2. Open House! Thursday, October 8, 3:30-5:30 PM! Come to school with your child (or meet your child right here at school). Bring other family members! Tour your child’s classroom, with your child as your tour guide! Sign up to help or to bring food here (same sign up will be available in hard copy at school) Meet other families...Greet and talk with the teachers and staff...Enjoy some treats….Celebrate October at Mayflower Early Childhood Center!
3. Parent Workshop: TWO OPPORTUNITIES: Friday, October 9 8:30-9:30 AM and Wednesday, October 14, 4:30-5:30 PM “The Expected and the Dysfunctional: Dealing With Child-to-Child Sexual Behavior” Join Cheryl Troxel from Washburn Center for Children to discuss what parents need to know and be aware of as children enter each new developmental stage of childhood. Join us for this important conversation. Sign up in PRC or email
4. Embed the School Calendar into your own calendar. The calendar is right here—it's at the bottom of every page of this website, under Company Info. Click on the Googly thing at the right of the calendar and add it to your calendar.
5. Did you know we have hot coffee and to-go cups in the Parent Resource Center every morning? And we have a tea kettle for making tea, and most of the time we have half and half too. Come on in and enjoy after you drop off your children. Or zoom by and pick up a cup.
6. NO SCHOOL Thursday, October 15 and Friday, October 16! That is MEA ... the traditional professional development weekend for teachers...and our staff will be on Staff Retreat!
In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!